If you are super organised, than you are already on to of the Christmas lists and presents. I always like to start early, but no matter how early I start I always have to think really hard what to get my loved ones. We mostly have all we need, so I think it’s nice, if your gift can have a personal touch, if you know how to craft, than that is also a plus.
I thought I’ll write a list of GIFT IDEAS, what I thought would be a nice present this year. My family never got huge Christmas gifts, instead we celebrated St. Nicolas, which happens on 6th of December. Because I’m usually not home that day, I give my gifts to family and friends around Christmas.
It is really hard to know what people want, but a little tip I picked up along the way is listen to them during the year. If they say something, just make a note, and than you are all set for their gift. If you spent some time with them than that should be easy.
This GIFTS are for normal budget. No matter how much money you have, I believe it’s good to be mindful, and set a certain limit per person, especially if you are buying gifts for a lot of people. I usually tent to go a little overboard with gifts for my loved ones, and there is really no need to, so this year I’m sticking to my plan!
I divided the list between 3 category’s:
BABY and TODDLER:
- A SOFT TOY: Jellycat animals are my favourite (if you know how to sew you can make to toy yourself like I did a few times), they also have amazing selection of handmade toys on Etsy
- EDUCATIONAL TOYS: blocks, puzzles, shapes, music toys, kitchen additions – cool food items
- BOOKS (maybe special editions, or a collection) some of my favourites are Petter Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, Twas the night before Christmas, Dear Zoo, The Gruffalo…
- JEWELLERY BOX you make yourself an fill it up with cute rings and hair clips STAY TUNED FOR THE POST ABOUT HOW TO MAKE IT!
- EXPERIENCE: like an escape room, movie tickets they can go with their friends
- BEAUTY PRODUCTS like hair brush, eyeshadow or hair gel
- CLOTHES or a gift voucher for a store they love
- CANDLE is never a miss, especially if someone really likes them
- TEATRE OR CONCERT TICKETS
- BEAUTIFUL FRAME you fine in a store, or make it, with a meaningful picture in it (maybe your family picture if you live far apart)
- TEA that is different and hard to get if someone loves tea
- BOOK that they have been talking about (book is ALWAYS a great gift)
- SPA voucher to your favourite manicure or pedicure place = you can pair it with funny socks
SOME EXTRA TIPS:
- Make an effort with the wrapping! It is super nice to receive a gift that is tastefully wrapped and we all know that kids love the wrapping paper the most!
- Make your own Christmas cards
- Add little twinkles and extras that you can find in the store or make at home
- If you’re giving a book always write a note in the book, to make it extra special
- You can make your own voucher or just decorate the envelope for it
Hope this was helpful. Please let me know you ideas or tricks, how do you wrap gifts, when do you start buying them… I wanna know all!!
Don’t forget sharing is caring!
The Lovely Nanny xx